History & Legacy

A rich legacy of transforming business education and shaping future business leaders.

Kellogg is a global business school with a mission to educate, equip and inspire brave leaders who build strong organizations and wisely leverage the power of markets to create lasting value.​

1908

Founded as The School of Commerce.

1965

Expands degree portfolio by being the first business school to launch a One-Year MBA program.

1969

Pioneers the team-based learning approach, enabling students to solve problems by leveraging the diverse viewpoints of their peers.

1979

Named J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management with a donation from the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation.

1979

Opens the James L. Allen Center, a continuing-education center which is the first of its kind and today hosts more than 6,000 executives each year.

1996

Dean Don Jacobs begins to sow the seeds of what becomes Kellogg’s premier executive MBA global network ​through a partnership with the Recanati Graduate School of Business Administration at Tel Aviv University.

2007

Launches Kellogg Insight, a digital publication covering the cutting-edge research and diverse perspectives of Kellogg faculty.

2017

The Global Hub, a state-of-the art facility enabling innovative learning and new levels of collaboration, opens its doors on the Evanston campus.

Other pages in About Kellogg:

Pages in About